Using the GREASE Indicators Toolkit we have assessed all 23 countries covered by our project. These countries represent:
Four macro-regions within Europe
– Western Europe (Belgium, France, Germany, the UK)
– Southern Europe (Greece, Italy, Spain)
– Central Eastern Europe (Hungary, Lithuania, Slovakia)
– Southeastern Europe (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria)
Four regions outside the EU
– Eurasia (Russia)
– The MENA region (Lebanon, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia)
– South and Southeast Asia (India, Indonesia, Malaysia)
– The Asia-Pacific region (Australia)
The GREASE Toolkit has also been used by researchers at Ryerson University in Toronto to produce a Country Assessment for Canada. That assessment is included below.
Most of the country assessments presented here (in pdf form) are accompanied by the corresponding indicators worksheets (Excel files) noting details factored into assessment results. The indicators country assessments were produced by country experts (noted in each country assessment) based on their expertise, review and analysis of existing legal and policy documents, relevant indices and data reports. The country experts are all members or associates of the GREASE project.
(In alphabetical order)
Bosnia & Herzegovina
The United Kingdom